When you open the Netflix streaming service, there might be a chance that you start seeing a black screen on the device. Sometimes, this issue might occur with sound and sometimes without sound. You are not the only one who is facing this issue but there are some other users too. Netflix Windows 11 black screen issue can be easily fixed just by following a few steps. We will discuss both of the fixing methods for sound or without sound issues with black screens.
Resolution for Netflix Windows 11 Black Screen Issue
Resolution of Netflix Windows 11 Black Screen Issue is very simple and one can fix it immediately. Try the below-given methods
Netflix Black Screen with Sound
Sometimes you might see a black screen but not be able to hear sound on the device. You should follow the below methods to fix this issue.
Method 1- Install Google Chrome
If you use Google Chrome to stream Netflix, the old version might be the reason behind it. You can easily install Google Chrome update to check if it helps or not.
- First of all, launch Google Chrome and then, click on the Three-dot option from the upper-right corner of the browser
- Choose Help and after that, click on About Google Chrome
- Now, you can see that Chrome will display the recent version and install available updates automatically
- All you have to do is to choose Re-launch to finish the update procedure. Use Netflix once again
Method 2- Install Graphics Driver Update
The graphics driver might be the main reason for this black screen issue. You will need to use a compatible graphics card with the appropriate and latest driver to work with Windows 10. Hence, it is recommendable to update the graphic driver that helps to fix the issue.
The two ways through which you can download the graphics driver
Automatically- This is the simplest and quickest option; it is all done with just a few clicks. It will be easier if you are a computer newbie.
Manually- You must have computer skills and patience to install drivers updates this way. Because you will need to find the right driver online, download it and install it step by step.
Netflix Black Screen without Sound
In this condition, the screen is blank or black and you even don’t hear a sound. You can fix the issue by following a few methods. Follow the methods to fix the issue immediately
Method 1- Return to Previous Page
If you are visiting netflix.com in the trusted browser, you can get back to the previous page and after that, try again. In case, if it doesn’t help, then you can move ahead with the next method.
Method 2- Clear the Browser Cache
Clearing browsing cache is common fixing for many browser issues. So, it is advisable to try the method, it might help to fix the issue. To clear Chrome Cache-
- Launch Google Chrome and click on the three-dot option in the upper-right corner of the browser
- Choose History and in the left-panel, choose Clear Browsing Data
- Now, go to the advanced tab and in the Time Range drop-down, you have to choose All Time
- Uncheck everything except cached files and images and choose Clear Data
- When you are all set then, try to stream Netflix again
Method 3- Install Windows Update
Sometimes, if the Windows System doesn’t update then, stream Netflix as it might have an issue with the system. Therefore, installing Windows update to the latest version can prevent some issues.
- First of all, press the Windows logo key + I simultaneously to
- Then, click on Update and Security
- Windows will check for updates and if it doesn’t, choose to Check for updates
When an update is successful then, restart the PC and try to stream Netflix again
Method 4- Clear Netflix Cookies from Browser
- First and foremost, you have to go to netflix.com/clearcookies and it can clear the Netflix cookie. But it will sign you out of the account
- After that, you can sign in and try to stream Netflix again
Method 5- Clear Existed Viruses
The Netflix black screen issue might also be occurred because of a virus attack. It is advisable to run the antivirus software to conduct a security scan and clear existing malware or viruses. Make sure that the antivirus software has been updated to the latest version.
Method 6- Disable Chrome Extension
There are a number of chrome extensions added to enjoy more additional features. The extensions might create conflict with Netflix and lead to the Netflix blank screen issue.
- First of foremost, open Chrome browser and access chrome: //extensions/
- It will appear all installed chrome extension lists and disable all of them
- Now, you will need to check the black screen status issue. If the issue is resolved then, enable the extension again and check which one is causing the issue
That’s all and now Netflix won’t disturb you with such an issue or black or blank screen. Contact Netflix Help to get instant assistance regarding the resolution.